- UGANET has for the past 20 years championed access to justice for marginalized groups, core to these women and girls, women living with HIV, widows, Women with Disability.
- Legal aid outreaches: UGANET offers free legal aid services to remote communities in six regions across the country through legal an average of 200 legal aid awareness sessions targeting marginalized persons and duty bearers.
- An average of 1500 victims of rights abuses reclaim their rights on an annual basis through free legal aid services by trained UGANET lawyers stationed in different regions.
- Success planning for the elderly; palliative care patients, widows, orphans among others. An average of 1900 people benefit from free success planning/will writing services offered by UGANET across the country.
- Court representation: Amidst the bureaucratic and un staffed judiciary;
UGANET continue to help the poor and powerless access justice in courts of law with an average of 250 vulnerable persons benefiting from free court representation services; while majority of the vulnerable persons are supported through alternative dispute resolutions that are contextually friendly to most of the marginalized persons –who always have stigma and fear.
- Legal empowerment:
Through the paralegals tool kit; different practical courses, legal aid manuals the UGANET legal aid model has uniquely satisfied the needs of the most disadvantaged groups. Under the Palliative care support mechanism: a four point-community –based service model consisting of 1- health worker, 2- social worker, 3- paralegal and 4- the UGANET lawyer continue to yield customized support services for clients that are not only in pain but also entangled in a chain of socio-legal challenges.
- UGANET a strong legal framework that continue to capacity young lawyers especially interns; legal experts interested and with passion in human rights and social justice. An average of 10 lawyers are hosted and mentored across the different regions in Uganda.
- Partnerships: UGANET legal aid model entails a comprehensiveness in packaging for the victims of rights abuses. A referral web is therefore activated periodically –where different services providers and gates keepers of justice are mapped out and engaged to offer different services in their continuum of care and according to the needs of the referred clients. Common areas have been emergency shelter homes; child care centers, specialized hospitals among others.
- Client Toll free communication lines and other new initiatives to accelerate access to justice: UGANET has entered a partnership with one of the low cost telecommunication companies to offer toll free calls-installations in different regions to reduce on time lag and accessibility to legal protection by the poor of the poor. Discussions with partners are also underway to refurbish an emergency shelter home for victims of violence in danger of death or harm.